Thanks to the brilliant Sam Collins, Billing & Coding Expert of the HJ Ross Network, and Dr. Aaron Brumfield, DC who got us motivated to provide a path for tele-health care, we have an outline on how to care for your trauma patients while they are forced to stay at home during the virus crisis.
Introducing the On-Line Digital Evaluation and E/M services for 2020.
The Trump administration lifted national restrictions this week on the use of tele-health, which previously limited Medicare tele-health programs largely to rural areas.
Coverage is retroactive to March 6, 2020 -- the date Congress passed. President Trump signed an emergency $8.3 billion COVID-19 spending bill.
CPT Codes Online Digital E/M Skype or FaceTime
- 99421 online digital eval, established patient
- 99422 11-20 minutes
- 99423 21 minutes or more
CPT Codes for Telephone Calls
- 99441 5-10 minutes medical discussion
- 99442 11-20 minutes medical discussion
- 99443 21.30 minutes medical discussion
Some Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do not include CMT codes (89840-98943).
- Each carrier/plan may have a varying requirement for coverage.
- Verify tele-medicine is a covered service.
For much more information, contact
for a complete copy of Sam Collins' two page summary and how to instructions.